Here are some great resources for:
*Foster Care & Adoption
*A Few of My Fave Causes
-> Check back soon! <-
This page will be updated from time to time because it’s important to have updated information.
- Discussion Guides for Parents & Local Resources
- Types of Early Childhood Mental Health Problems
- Causes of Early Childhood Mental Health Issues
- Symptoms of Early Childhood Mental Health
- What to Do If You Think a Child Might Have Early Childhood Mental Health
- Early Childhood Mental Health Resources
- And much more!
A big THANK YOU to Billy for sharing this resource with us!
- 133 Mental Health & Learning Resources for Kids & Teens
- Self-Harm Information & Help
- Hotline (call directly from the site) & Resources
- If you think you might be a victim of narcissistic abuse, please check this site out.
- THE go-to site for Resources, Videos, Personal Consultations
- FREE “Check Your Mood” Health Screening.
- Access to Outpatient Telehealth Therapy, Telehealth Psychiatry, In-Person Therapy Alongside Psychiatrists and Physicians
- Hotline (call directly from the site)
- 24/7/365 referral & info service
- For mental and/or substance use disorders
- Mental Health Education
- Articles, Videos, Live Classes
- Special sections for Patients, Parents, Students, & Professionals
- Article Link – Depression & Addiction: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
- 24/7 Helpline: (800) 516-4357
- Medical Detox, Residential Treatment, Partial Hospitalization, Outpatient Treatment
Thank you to Julie for sending this resource to me!
- Connecting with and supporting children in foster care.
*Did you know that foster children are given a trash bag to put their belongings in if they are moved to another home?*
- Because of this, a part of TWR’s mission is to give these children duffel bag they can call their own.
- Check out their site and consider making a purchase or donation
- This is a link to the Foster Care Month page, but there is a link to access resources year-round.
- Have you ever heard a story from parents who want to adopt, but can’t afford it?
- Wish you could help them out? This site helps you do just that.
- Search through stories and donate to help these awesome people.
- Info and resources to connect children in foster care with families and support the child welfare system.
Info and resources about foster care:
- Welcoming disabled children
- Lists of adoption and foster care focused organizations
- Support group information
Info and resources from experts:
- Adoption issues
- Advocating for policies that benefit children in the system
- Books, podcasts, and DVDs
- Guides, website links, Q&As
- Referrals about adoption and foster care
Here is a sobering fact: 23,000 children will age out of the foster care system each year. (Source: Focus on the Family). This means that they will be at a loss when it comes to health insurance.
Good news: there is an option!
The website linked above has information on:
- Types of coverage available
- How to get coverage
- Links to helpful resources
It’s a great tool to have on hand and a great big THANK YOU goes out to Jackie for bringing this valuable resource to our attention!
- EVERYTHING you didn’t know you needed to know is on this site, so it is a must-click
- Educational guides and resources
- Local chapter information and links
- Fundraising info
- Education, events and teleconference links
- Online magazine
- Volunteer and outreach opportunities
- For both patients and caregivers to connect with peers as well as healthcare professionals
- Educational materials in addition to plenty of useful links
- Education and information for the MS Community
- Comprehensive newsletter with news about local and national events, as well as webinars *certainly a must-subscribe
- Some fantastic gifts you can purchase where a portion of the profits go to MS research and help spread awareness
- From their website: “Every time you order from Til Valhalla Project, you help deliver memorial plaques to the families of fallen Heroes (at a complete surprise to them) and you donate towards reducing veteran suicide. “
- A worthy cause. Our Vets deserve our eternal gratitude, which is why I fully support this cause.
If you would like to suggest a resource
to add, please contact us!